1. WELCOME TO ULTRA PLUS
This Programme rewards you for choosing to keep your dog/s and/or cats in good health by offering you free Pet accident Benefits with the purchase of every Ultra Pet Food product.
2. DEFINITIONS USED IN THIS PROGRAMME
|any accidental injury caused by an unforeseen and unintended event that results in physical harm to a Pet, for example motor vehicle accidents, burns or electrocutions, accidental poisoning, actions of another animal, surgical or endoscopic removals of foreign objects, snake bites , allergic reactions to insect bites, fractures, traumatic ligament or tendon injuries, lacerations, abrasions or wounds etc but excludes the exclusions set out in “WHAT THE BENEFIT DOES NOT COVER – EXCLUSIONS”;
|refers to any 1 (one) or more benefits that may be provided to you as a result of being an active Member as contemplated in clause 9;
|Benefit start date
|a Member’s Benefit starts on the 1st (first) of the month following the date that you upload your proof of purchase of Ultra Pet Food;
|refers to a claim made by you to receive a Benefit;
|a household refers to all persons who are permanently living at the same address;
|refers to any person registered as an active and qualifying Ultra Plus member;
|a membership year is the 12 (twelve) month period starting on the 1st (first) of the month following the month in which a person registered as a Member, and any subsequent 12 (twelve) month period while they remain a Member;
|Member’s registration date
|the date a person registers as a Member on the Ultra Pet website;
|Pet’s registration date
|the date a Member registers a Pet for the Ultra Plus Pet Accident Benefit. This may be on the Member’s registration date or on a later date;
|the domestic cat/s and/or dog/s registered on the Ultra Plus website. If the Member has more than one cat and/or dog, then each cat and/or dog must be registered to enjoy the Benefit; and
|Ultra Pet website
|refers to ultra-pet.co.za where a person can register themselves as an Ultra Plus Member, as well as register their Pets and their monthly Pet food purchases.
3. THE PARTIES TO THIS BENEFIT
This Benefit is an agreement between you and RCL Group Services Proprietary Limited (“RCL”). Only you have rights under this Benefit.
- ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to RCL, the provider of this Benefit.
- ‘You’, ‘your’ and ‘their’refer to the registered Ultra Plus Member, the beneficiary of this benefit Programme.
4.YOUR BENEFIT IS A LEGAL CONTRACT
- Your Benefit is a legal contract. Your Benefit consists of these ULTRA PLUS RULES (this document), which outlines what you need to do in order to activate and claim your Benefit.
- Make sure you understand how to be awarded this Benefit, what the exclusions are, and what your responsibilities are.
5 .ULTRA PLUS MEMBERS
- We are extending the Benefits described in these ULTRA PLUS RULES to registered, active and qualifying Ultra Plus Members for the period within which the members benefits are active. We undertake to assist you with free Pet accident Benefits provided that:
- you have registered your cat/s and/or dog/s on the Ultra Pet website and qualify for the Benefit according to these ULTRA PLUS RULES;
- you comply with the terms and conditions of this Programme;
- you comply with your responsibilities under this Programme as shown under the section titled “Your responsibilities”; and
- no exclusions apply to the Benefit you are claiming against.
6, THE PRIVACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By agreeing to this Benefit you consent to the collection, use, storage, disclosure, Processing and further Processing of your personal information (your name, ID number, cellphone number, address, personal preferences, and other personal information the you have provided to us).
- The purposes for Processing personal information is to:
- facilitate this Programme;
- facilitate your participation in the Programme;
- communicate with you and send direct marketing communication on Ultra Pet Food products and similar products via e-mail; and
- for market and product research.
- Should you object to the Processing of your personal information and/or receipt of direct marketing, you should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. QUALIFYING RULES
- In order to qualify for the Ultra Plus Benefit, you must ensure the following:
- That you are registered as an Ultra Plus Member on the Ultra Pet website; and
- That you purchase Ultra Pet Food, in any available variant.
- You must:
- visit the Ultra Pet website and register your purchase and complete any required information to be compliant;
- upload your proof of purchase to complete the activation of your Benefit, and upload a proof of purchase on a monthly basis to receive the Benefit; and
- acknowledge that your Benefit is active on the final confirmation page of the purchase upload process on the Ultra Pet website.
- It is important to note that just by purchasing any Ultra Pet product and having a proof of purchase, which proof of purchase has not been uploaded onto the Ultra Pet website DOES NOT entitle the Member to reimbursement of a Claim (subject to the Claim limit), should an accident occur.
- It is important to note that a proof of purchase must be uploaded each month per cat and/or dog in order for your cat(s) and dog(s) to continue to receive the Benefit. For example, a proof of purchase of Ultra Pet dog Food must be provided to continue receiving the Benefit for your dog(s) and a proof of purchase of Ultra Pet cat Food must be provided to continue receiving the Benefit for your cat(s).
- A member may only be entitled to use the same proof of purchase for a maximum of 2 (two) months in a row.
8. WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF PURCHASE
- Photo of Till Slip
The Member must ensure that the photo of the proof of purchase (till slip) of Ultra Pet Food is clear and legible. The photo must be of suitable quality so that the following information is clearly visible:
- the date of purchase;
- the description of the kind of Ultra Pet Food. For example, Superwoof or Optiwoof etc; and
- the veterinary practice or vet shop that you purchased the food from.
2. Unique Code
There is a unique code inside the inner front panel of every Ultra Pet Food Product. Members can capture the unique code on the Ultra Plus Dashboard or submit a proof of purchase as stated above. If the unique code is used as proof of purchase, Members are requested to enter the correct code.
3. If the proof of purchase is not legible (either a till slip or unique code), it will not be acceptable to maintain membership of the program and the Member’s claim might be affected if a clear proof of purchase is not provided.
9. WHAT THE ULTRA PLUS BENEFITS ARE (ACCIDENTAL INJURIES ONLY)
- Members can enjoy the Benefits of Ultra Plus subject to the terms and conditions contained in these ULTRA PLUS RULES. Any liability for any condition provided outside the scope of the conditions listed in this clause 9 is not a part of Ultra Plus.
- We will provide you with a refund for any Benefit that relates to the cost of veterinary expenses for the treatment of unexpected and unforeseen accidental injuries of Pets, except costs and treatments listed under clause 14 (“Exclusions”) up to a maximum per Claim limit per registered Household as set out in clause 10.3.
- The accidental injury to the Pet must be treated within the borders of South Africa.
- Treatment must be administered by any veterinarian or veterinary nurse who is registered with the South African Veterinary Council.
10. BENEFIT LIMITS
An amount of R200.00 (two hundred rand) (including VAT) will be deducted from every Claim settled.
- Claim Limits
You will be compensated up to a maximum per Claim limit per registered Household, depending on the food which you have bought for your Pet:
|Maximum Amount Per Claim (including VAT)
|Ultra Pet Optiwoof dog Range
|R5 000.00 (five thousand rand)
|Ultra Pet Superwoof dog Range
|R6 000.00 (six thousand rand)
|Ultra Pet Premium Recipe or Special Diet dog Range
|R7 000.00 (seven thousand rand)
|Ultra Pet Optimal Balance cat Range
|R5 000.00 (five thousand rand)
|Ultra Pet Special Diet dog Range
|R7 000.00 (seven thousand rand)
- If you change pet food within the Ultra Pet range at any time, the Benefit and resulting limit that will apply to that Ultra Pet food will only apply from the following month.
- If you purchase two different kinds of Ultra Pet food in the same month, then the claim limit that applies to the superior Ultra Pet food will be used for the following month.
- Annual limit: You can claim for your liability up to a maximum annual limit of R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) (including VAT) per registered Household, per Membership Year.
11. WHEN THE BENEFIT IS ACTIVATED
- The Benefit is activated on the Benefit start date and when the Ultra Plus Dashboard indicates that your benefit is active for that month.
- You can only claim for Benefits owing to your membership if your membership is active for the month in which your Pet required treatment and the Pet you are claiming for is registered as a Pet that you own.
- There is no cover before the Benefit start date or before a Pet’s registration date.
12. WHO WE PAY
- Claims will be settled by making payment directly into a Member’s bank account as provided on the Claim form.
13. CONDITIONS FOR COVER
- For us to accept your Claim, the following conditions will apply to any Member receiving a Benefit:
- The Pet must belong to a registered Ultra Plus Member and you must be responsible for the Pet’s day-to-day wellbeing;
- The Pet must be listed on the Member’s profile on the Ultra Pet website and the Ultra Plus Programme;
- The Pet must be at least 8 (eight) weeks old at the Benefit start date;
- The Pet must reside at the physical address of the Member;
- The Pet must qualify for the Benefit according to the Ultra Plus Qualifying Rules.; and
- The Ultra Plus Dashboard must indicate a ‘green robot’ for the month within which the Accident occurred.
14. WHAT THE BENEFIT DOES NOT COVER – EXCLUSIONS
- We will only cover your liability under the Ultra Plus Programme for Benefits that relate to accidental injuries to the Member’s Pets. We do not cover the following:
- Dishonest, fraudulent or deliberate acts committed by you, Members or Members of their Households;
- Delay in the treatment of an injured Pet which can lead to further injury and complications;
- Treatment of illnesses such as diabetes and cancer;
- Routine care such as dentals and vaccinations;
- Ambulance fees and any other transport fees;
- Treatment of any pregnancy and related conditions;
- Voluntary euthanasia, burial or cremation;
- Any treatments after the date that a Member’s membership has ended;
- Veterinary expenses for a Pet that is not registered on the Ultra Pet website; and
- Veterinary expenses owed by your Members, which is also covered by any other insurance policy, or if another person agrees to cover the Member’s veterinary expenses in the instance where that person’s animal was responsible for the Pet’s injuries.
- A Pet may not be used for any of the following:
- In relation to cat/s: Laboratory testing or experimentation.
- In relation to dog/s:
- Dog sports such as racing;
- As a police or guard dog, search and rescue dog, customs dog, quarantine dog;
- Laboratory testing or experimentation; and
- Commercial breeding.
15. FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOUR
- If a Member is found to be involved in fraudulent behaviour, we will deactivate the Member’s membership Benefits from the date the fraud is deemed to have taken place. The Member will lose their right to claim any Benefits.
- Example of fraudulent behaviour: Submitting false information or documentation about a Claim, or exaggerating the amount of a Claim.
16. CLAIMING UNDER THE ULTRA PET BENEFIT
- Notification of Claims: It is important to note that the Benefit is structured to re-imburse the Member for the medical costs relating to accidents that the registered pet may be prone to. You must notify us of a Claim by submitting a completed Claim form, detailed invoice and proof of payment to email@example.com, no later than 60 (sixty) days after the treatment date. The Claim form must be signed by the Member and their veterinarian.
We may ask the veterinarian for further information or medical reports.
- Prescription – expiry of Claims: When a Claim prescribes, it means that you have lost your right to that Claim, and we will no longer be legally responsible to honour the Ultra Plus Benefit against that Claim. The Member must register a claim within 60 (sixty) days of the treatment date. Should we need more information to process the Claim, but the Member fails to provide this within 12 (twelve) months from the treatment date, the claim will prescribe. Should the delay be caused by us as the 3rd (third) party insurer, the claim will not prescribe.
17. HOW TO LOG A QUERY
- For any queries about the Benefit or Claims, please contact us via the Ultra Pet Website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- If we do not accept a Claim or if you don’t agree with the amount of the Claim, you may ask us to review our decision within 30 (thirty) days of the date that you received our notice.
18. FUTURE CHANGES TO THE ULTRA PLUS BENEFIT PROGRAMME
- We may make changes to the Benefit at any time. We may change the terms and conditions of this policy at any time. A change might affect the annual limit per membership year, qualifying rules and the deductible. We will communicate these changes via the Ultra Pet website and other marketing mediums when the change is implemented.
- We reserve the right to reasonably extend, shorten, suspend the time period of this Programme or terminate the Programme for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control. This Programme and this Agreement may be reasonably amended by RCL, at any time during its duration. In such event, all users waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Programme and acknowledge that they shall have no recourse against RCL whatsoever.