When we go on holiday our it can be a daunting task to decide what we are going to do with our pets. For some people it can be impossible to allow their pets to travel with them.
Fortunately various options are available for your pet.
Hiring a pet sitter
Your pet will be in their own environment. This will be less stressful for your pet.
- Interview the person and see how they react around your pets.
- Always introduce your pets to the person that will take care of them.
- Familiarize the care giver with any special medical and dietary needs that your pet may have.
- Leave them with your vet’s number and an emergency contact.
If you are going away and will not be able to take your pets with you, now is the time to book a place in a kennel or cattery.
- Do your due diligence and take your pets to places that are recommended by your veterinarian or vet shop.
- Ensure that your pet’s vaccinations are up to date, especially for Kennel Cough, since it can be transferred very quickly in a kennel environment and most of the reputable kennels will not allow your pet to come stay without this vaccination having been done.
- Notify the kennel of any specific health conditions or dietary needs that your pet may have.
From everyone at Ultra Pet, we truly hope that you have a fantastic holiday season and we hope you and your pets can spend some ‘Ultra-quality’ time together!!